Welcome to Memorial Elementary School's Website!
Welcome to the Memorial Family,
Respect, Learning, and Pride!
Welcome to Memorial Elementary School. We are very proud of our achievements and our students. We have about 446 students in grades Kindergarten through 5th. We have three sections of each grade with approximately 25 students in each class; we couldn't be prouder of our little Buccaneers here at Memorial!
Our vision is to provide students with the education and skills necessary to become responsible citizens and tomorrow's honorable leaders.
Memorial Elementary School believes that members of our educational community
- can learn and are entitled to a quality education
- deserve a safe, supportive and equitable environment
- are valuable and unique
- embrace learning as a life-long process
- must accept responsibility for their actions
- encourage collaboration among students, parents, staff and the community
- understand that change is inevitable, ongoing and necessary for growth
Pirate Mission Statement
Academics, Responsibility, Respect, Growth and Honor
In keeping with the District's "Pirate Pride" we have incorporated the above mission statement. We believe this is the foundation for which our students can become brighter and stronger both academically and personally. Each day, after the pledge, every student recites the mission statement followed by a loud "ARRGH!" (like a pirate).
School hours: 8:45 a.m. - 3:35 p.m.
Note: tardy bell rings at 8:40 please have your child(ren) to school on time!
Parents can see teachers between 8:15-8:40 a.m. daily. Please don't come
after that - it interrupts class. Thank you.
Principal: Angelyn Rolak, 734-285-4080 Ext. 6222
Secretary: Patricia Carafelli, 734-285-4080 Ext. 6221
Please call the Attendance Line at 734-285-5526 to report student absences or tardies! Clearly leave student's name & reason for absence or tardy. Homework requests must be in by 10 a.m.
Office hours 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Please be sure to follow safety rules in our parking lot when dropping and picking up students:
1. Park your vehicle in a designated parking spot.
2. Do not leave your car unattended unless you have parked in a designated parking spot.
3. Do not block the drive-way that enters into our lot from Longsdorf Street.
4. Do not park in the parking lot closest to our Central Office - traffic there puts our walkers in danger.
Thank you to all who follow the safety rules and set a positive example for our students.
In an effort to improve the efficiency of our practices, Memorial Elementary School is conducting a Parent Survey. I know that everyone is very busy, but we value your opinion and ask that you take a few minutes to complete this survey, so we can make appropriate changes and set new goals for our improvement.